Get plugged in with this Grammy shuffle

British pop singer Ed Sheeran is touring this summer with Taylor Swift.

By Melissa Martinez

News Editor

With the excitement of award season comes the buzz over who will dominate at the Grammys and who will be snubbed. This playlist is dedicated to honoring those nominated for top honors this award season and my personal favorites.

“Babel,” Mumford & Sons
Nominated for three Grammy Awards, Mumford & Sons continues to win my heart. It’s not easy to build up the perfect delivery that Mumford & Sons offers, building up their melody as well as hard-hitting lyrics, but if that’s what you’re looking for in an album, you can find it in “Babel.”

“Set Fire to the Rain (Live),” Adele
I’m rooting for Adele to win Best Pop Solo Performance. Having just won a Golden Globe for Best Original Song, “Skyfall,” the latest James Bond theme and nominated for an Oscar for Original Song of the same, I expect Adele to impress the Recording Academy as much as she did the Hollywood Foreign Press.

“We Are Young,” fun.
As much as it was played on the radio, I never got tired of listening to anything from fun. Fun. reminds me of a modern, more pop version of Queen.“We Are Young” offers a catchy tune to sing to in the car and if you’re like me, you’ll be listening to it way longer than the radio can play it out.

“The A Team,” Ed Sheeran
There is no one more sweet or adorable than Ed Sheeran. He pretty much makes me want to be on the other end of his gaze as he serenades on. Nominated for Song of the Year, “The A Team” is a beautiful ensemble of poetry and acoustic guitar that makes me weak in the knees.

“No Church in the Wild,” Jay-Z & Kanye West feat. Frank Ocean & The-Dream
Though my rap taste is biased since I prefer the old-school stylings, I appreciate the collaborations with legends (Jay-Z) that changed the modern rap industry for what it is now. With heart-wrenching lyrics and voices ofFrankOcean and The-Dream, “No Church in the Wild” is bound to win Best Rap/Sung Collaboration.