Athlete Spotlight: Distance runner Bridgette Stevens

Distance runner Bridgette Stevens has run with the track team for all four years of her time at CSUSM.

By Jessie Gambrell

Bridgette Stevens has been running for CSUSM for her entire four -ear college career. She has been competitively running since middle school, but has always loved to run. She is also a kinesiology major with plans to be a physical therapist once she graduates, and has been working at the Clarke for two years, sporting her time as an active member of the CSUSM community.

Question: How do you like your team?
Answer: Overall our team is really good, we have sent many people to nationals. Last year we sent 26 people into the nationals.

Q: Have you already started to practice for your February season?
A: Yes, we (long distance runners) have been practicing six days a week. I like the practices it really relieves stress for me and I like spending time with my friends.

Q: When did you start running?
A: I started doing things with track in 4th grade, but didn’t really get into the competition till middle school. Then I ran for Mission Hills high school and was ranked fifth on the Cross Country team.

Q: Being a senior, what are your plans for once you graduate?
A: I might want to do some triathlons or 5k’s to keep running, but I want to be a physical therapist and actually work with the athletes.
The Track and Field season begins this coming spring when Bridgette and the rest of the Cougar squad will look to improve on their progress last season.