The to-do list: Countdown to graduation

Graduation ceremony

By Melissa Martinez

News Editor

With commencement just around the corner, it is important for graduating students to be aware of the upcoming deadlines to ensure a smooth transition from student to graduate.

After applying for graduation, graduates should check their graduation audit (a form that lists and tracks  required completion of all degree requirements). They should also fill out the participation form to participate in Commencement, due no later than April 15. On April 30 through May 2, there will be information sessions regarding Commencement rehearsal.

There will be commencement ceremony information offered for students who intend on graduating this spring. On Friday, May 17, there will be two information sessions, the first at 10:30 a.m. will be for the College of Business Administration and the College of Education, Health and Human Services will be held at 4:30 p.m. On Saturday, May 18, the College of Humanities, Arts, Behavioral and Social Sciences will hold their information session at 9:30 a.m. with the College of Science and Mathematics to follow at 3 p.m.

Other duties graduating seniors should complete are picking up their Honor Cord if they are eligible to graduate with Honors, discuss career options through the career center located at Craven Hall 1400, join the alumni association at alumniweb.csusm.edu, pay any balances on student account and if they have received financial aid, complete the exit loan counseling.

It is important to communicate with advisors to maintain an accurate graduation status throughout the semester before commencement. Missing deadlines and required paperwork can often lead to delayed processing for commencement records and may possibly danger graduation eligibility.

For more information regarding commencement, please visit csusm.edu/commencement.