The Cougar Shuffle: A girls playlist for relationships gone bad

Cher Lloyd Want U Back
Cher Lloyd “Want U Back”

By Jessie Gambrell

In a feisty mood lately? Need to let out that last-month-of-school angst? The listed songs are sure to express those feelings of revenge. Whether it was an ex-boyfriend or a friendship gone sour, these songs hold true to the feelings we have when good relationships go bad.

“Want U Back” By Cher Lloyd

Cher Lloyd gives off a feisty air in this upbeat hip-hop revenge song. With fun lyrics to sing along with the dancing tune, you will want to set this song on repeat to party to again and again.

“King of Anything”  By Sara Bareilles

This is a song that illustrates a true woman’s independent character. She stands up for herself against her overbearing, over controlling ex. Her sassy lyrics are exactly how some women feel when it comes to their previous relationships.

“Wide Awake”  By Katy Perry

Katy Perry sings her heart out in this heart-wrenching song that expresses the feelings of a woman who was caught under the spell of a man who was not good for her. Some say this song has to do with the singer’s divorce with Russell Brand.

“Set Fire to the Rain”  By Adele

Adele is the best when it comes to revenge/comeback songs. ‘Set Fire to the Rain’ is one of those songs in her album ‘21’. In this song, she sings for all women to be strong and stand up for their own free will.

“Jar of Hearts” By Christina Perri

The mystic tale in this song, especially portrayed in her music video, is a true testament for women to not be run over. Perri has a very artistic way of portraying her thoughts in song, and this one is definitely one to listen to.