Busy month of Gaypril draws to a close

By Keandre Williams-Chambers

The month of Gaypril has been jam-packed with many amazing events that have blown away the students, staff and faculty on campus.

While Gaypril may be almost over, there are still a few more opportunities to take part in the festivities.

The Pride Center is continuing to show movies every day and is, and always has been, open and welcoming to students that are curious about what the center does. Frequent discussions are continuing, some during U-hour and some during occasional evenings, which tackle heavy and often controversial topics that are open to the contributions and interpretations of students from all walks of life, so long as an open mind is kept.

One particular event to look forward to is the Campus Pride Walk that will be taking place during U-Hour on April 30, with sign-making preparation on April 29. Be prepared to come out in full force with your pride to be who you are and shine with the confidence that makes you who you are.

If students have any further questions about future events directed by the Pride Center, they should contact the Pride Center staff in Commons 201.

View Comments (2)

• A

Arthur SilversteinApr 25, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Hey, just wanted to let you know: You have the wrong photo for this article. Gaypril is sponsored by the ASI LGBTQA Pride Center… Not the ASI Gender Equity Center. Please note the difference.

Reply
    • A

adminApr 26, 2013 at 2:03 am

Arthur, thank you for letting us know! We’ve found the right logo and replaced it! Thanks for reading The Cougar Chronicle!

Reply