Cougar Shuffle: Have You Heard the Top Tunes?

Miley Cyrus
Miley Cyrus

By Valeria Gironas

Miley Cyrus
Miley Cyrus

Hey Cougars! Hope everyone is having a great start to the new school year. Have you guys heard the songs that everyone is talking about or even singing? Well here are a few songs so you guys can add them onto your iTunes playlist!

“Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cyrus

Even though people are still criticizing Miley on her performance at the VMA’s, her new song has been one of her biggest hits. Her video has also been the talk of the town, but you can’t judge her because it’s her personality.

“ROAR” by Katy Perry

This is such an inspirational song for everyone. Katy tells everyone through the song that even when someone knocks you down, you have to be stronger than him or her and get right back up. You have to be a strong enough person to stick up for yourself and not let anyone put you down. Props to Katy for that song!

“Hold On We’re Goin Home” by Drake

This song has been one of Drake’s biggest hits. His new CD, “Nothing Was The Same,” is just about to drop on Sept. 24, 2013. Drake told MTV that this song is meant to be played at weddings in ten years.

“Applause” by Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga is one of the few celebrities who really uses her complete imagination in her performances and music videos. The song “Applause” addresses what many people think of “celebrities” today, that they all do it for the attention. But Lady Gaga is in this business because she wants to know that her fans are pleased, that the applause after a show shows her that they are satisfied with her performance.

“Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke

This song defines two different sides. 1) That woman can do anything a man can do, if not even better. 2) In every woman there is a bad side to her. “Blurred lines” is between a man and a woman and the attraction towards one another.