The Cougar Shuffle: Fresh new beats for fall

Lorde album cover
Lorde album cover

By Valeria Ginoras

Cougars have you heard the latest hits? Here are a few songs that are working their way to the top of the music charts. Write them down and add them to your playlists so you have something to listen to on your way to class!

Lorde – “Royals”

This song is about how the influx of songs these days are about materialistic things, glamour, money, fame, riches and women – amongst other things. This anthem is anti-rap in its purest form. You’ll notice that most rap music talks about treating women as “objects,” diamonds, money, cash, drinking expensive liquor, expensive cars, jewelry, etc. Lorde is just being real with us that most of us will never attain that level of money, luxury and wealth.

Avicii – “Wake Me Up”

The inexperienced person is going through life and knows that what is ahead is unknown. He is guided by his spirit. He doesn’t know where he will end up, but he knows where he can start now.

Ylvis – “The Fox (What does the fox say)”

This song is the type of song that can immediately get stuck in your head. It’s the one that it is very funny and as hard as you try to get it out of you head you just cant’! The fox in the song is considered smart and hard to catch. Even though the song makes fun of what a fox can’t say it does have a meaning that foxes are very discreet creatures.

Eminem – “Berzerk”

Guess who’s back? That’s right Marshall Mathers, aka Eminem. Eminem is expected to be releasing a new album for 2013! His latest hit “Berzerk” means that life is too short to live the same day twice. Live life to the fullest and you will have no regrets. You can always expect the unexpected from Eminem so we will all have to wait and see what other songs he has to offer.