Get Out! Eagle Lanes bowling alley offers fun and fitness

Eagle Lanes bowling alley in San Marcos
Eagle Lanes bowling alley in San Marcos

By Alison Seagle

Bowling balls could actually be considered just colorful round weights that instead of being lifted up and down repetitively, get rolled at 10 tauntingly waiting wooden pins.

If this sounds like more fun than a typical gym workout, then AMF Eagle Lanes in San Marcos is the place for you.

Besides working those arm muscles from chucking the ball at the pins, bowling can also provide an opportunity to relieve your midterm frustrations. Not only does the bowling alley have 40 lanes available, but each lane allows bowlers to choose their own themed animations that range from ocean creatures to crazy birthday bunnies. There is even a Halloween theme. Of course there is the classic theme, but it is way more fun to watch crazy disco dancers gyrate after getting a gutter ball than simply watching a 0 appear on the screen.

“Great atmosphere,” CSUSM student and Eagle Lanes fan Nicholas Jaffari said. “It’s a great place to hang out with friends and it makes you keep wanting to come back for more.”

Eagle Lanes has recently had some changes in management, and is looking forward to some remodeling, including makeovers to the bar area and concessions’ menu. They currently have glow bowling on Friday and Saturday nights and leagues that are starting up in November. Instead of lounging around after midterms, get out and relieve your frustration on some pins.

The bowling alley is located on San Marcos Blvd at 945, near Restaurant Row. Since hours, prices and specials are in the process of reconstruction, calling the bowling alley at (760) 744-7000 or visiting the website at http://amf.com/eaglelanes is the best way to inquire about that information.