Creative homemade Halloween costumes

Firefox browser costume

By Karla Reyes

With Halloween around the corner and the everyday struggle to “ball on a budget” getting creative with what you have at home seem like the only option. Before you get discouraged and opt for the same “sexy nurse” costume, here are a couple ideas from our good friend, the Internet.

1. “Loofa”

This costume is very creative and is simple to make. You can buy material at your local fabric store. Start with a strapless dress; buy about 10 to 16 yards (about $25) of tulle the same color of the dress, white rope, twist ties or stretchy material. There are a couple tutorials on Youtube that give you different ways to make it. You can pair this up with the soap bar costume. Get a white or blue shift and write soap on it, or get a cardboard box and cut three holes on it, use bubble wrap to add some bubbles.

Picture found: http://shemadeulook.blogspot.com/2012/10/what-to-wear-wednesday-halloween.html

2. “Hot Sauces”

The Taco Bell hot sauces is a fun group costume. All you need is an old t-shirt or a dress of a solid color (red, purple or orange). Write your favorite taco sauce line or make up your own, and presto.

Picture found: Coolesthomemadecostumes.com

3. “Firefox”

The Firefox internet logo is super unique. All you will need is a pair of orange spandex, an orange top, and a tail and ears. Borrow a friend’s blue fitness ball, draw on whiskers and a nose and your set.

Picture found: http://techcrunch.com/contest-entrant-4-firefox/

4. “Minions”

In case you don’t want to carry around a fitness ball, the minion (from “Despicable Me”) costume is equally as easy and it that can be done solo or in a group. Plus, who doesn’t love a minion? All you need is a pair of overalls and a yellow shirt. For the eyes use a black headband, glue two Styrofoam white cups with the bottom of the cups colored in black. Get a pair of black gloves and suspenders. If you want to show a little more skin, you can switch the overalls for a pair of high-waisted short, and a yellow bandeau top.