“Stres$$ed. Depre$$ed. But Well Dre$$ed.”

Shots of featured students outfits.
(from left to right: Adrineh, Kyle and Dannen)
Shots of featured students’ outfits. (from left to right: Adrineh, Kyle and Dannen)
Shots of featured students’ outfits.

By Alex Maravillas

“Stres$$ed. Depre$$ed. But Well Dre$$ed.” is here to help spark creativity for readers and also it works as a paparazzi to show spotlight on students here at CSUSM, who have interesting and unique taste in style, music and all around in everything.

It is about expression.  If you are a fashion, street-style, art and modern music junkie, this may be the place for you.  The idea behind the madness was as an inspiring fashion designer and college student with a war in mind, I consistently look at street style blogs, fashion runway and looking more on Tumblr.

For “Stres$$ed. Depre$$ed. But Well Dre$$ed.,” I am putting myself out there, taking “Outfit of the Day” (OOTD) photos of people out and about on campus. I will compliment their outfits, and ask them what are they wearing and few interview questions. First, a consistent question I will always ask is what kind of music they are currently listening to. I will ask them what are five songs they are currently obsessed with, and develop a little playlist and put it along the OOTD photo of the lucky fashionista. I believe this is just a way to shine spotlight on some of the students who take time to put together an outfit. I believe this will definitely stir up some buzz on campus, and I believe it would definitely be a great way for me to connect with the community.

ADRINEH

Hello, Adrineh. What kind of music are you listening to now?

“I am definitely into Rap, Old and New, like new era of Gangster Rap. Or like thrill music and trap music. I am also getting into country music, which is kind of a juxtaposition, but I think somebody who is really interested in music and what it can do for you, is somebody who is interested in all types of genres of music not just one.”

That is a great point and I agree with you.

So if you don’t mind me asking, what are you wearing today?

“Today I am wearing camouflage print pants from Nordstrom, military style black boots with gold studs by Steve Maden, a regular cotton beige colored cardigan with a black racer tank top and I am wearing a gold-accented Michael Kors watch.”

I love it!! So any other words you would like to share with “Stres$$ed. Depre$$ed. But Well Dre$$ed.”?

“I think everybody should research different styles and stay up with current trends, not only just to be cool or fashionable but because that allows everybody to send a message to whoever you see on the street and it just really allows you to bring your personality out to the world.”

DANNEN

Nice to meet you! So my first question is, what kind of music do you listen to?

“I listen to all kinds of music. I don’t usually typically listen to scream-o or death metal, but I am into country, classical, Spanish music, as well as hip-hop and RNB. And I also love rap. I had like a rap phase, like five years in my life where I listened to nothing but rap.”

Me too! I am still in that phase.

“I’m just always between everything. It depends on my mood or day. If I need something up beat, or I might listen to something romantic or I might listen to pop. If I have down time, I’ll listen to classical or when I have downtime with a relationship, I’ll listen to country.”

Okay, so my next question is what are you wearing today?

“Today, I am wearing Aztec-sandals. They are a little bit brown. Also I am wearing a citizen watch that is eco-friendly just because I don’t want batteries in a watch, also I think batteries are bad for the environment. The bracelet, I am wearing is actually a Hollister bracelet with some beads on it, and it’s white, so it doesn’t out-do everything, and It goes with my nails. I have French tips also. I am also wearing a Mossimo sweater. So it’s very cheap and inexpensive, so which is great for college students and it’s very fashionable. I paired it with a red scarf, and a red beanie, which is really warm, and the colors are very neutral, especially for the fall season.”

KYLE

Hello, I am going to ask you a few questions, and my first question is what kind of music do you listen to?

“The type of music, I listen to is generally hip-hop, and I love underground music too. I also listen to all types of music. I listen to country, alternative, electro, folk, and indie. Those are the main ones I listen to.”

Nice! So my next question will be, what are you wearing today?

“I am wearing some Vans O.T.W. high tops, some active jeans, some type of gray long sleeve, and an H&M green jacket with my Casio black watch and Rayban glasses.”