Comic Book Corner: Long Beach Comic & Horror Con’s 5th Anniversary

Comic Book Corner: Long Beach Comic & Horror Cons 5th Anniversary

By Faith Orcino 

A&E Editor 

Fans of pop culture will congregate at the Long Beach Convention Center to celebrate the comic and the horror industries.

This year’s event, which takes place on Nov. 23 and 24, will be an anticipated one as it falls on their fifth anniversary of holding LBCHC. This fall convention invited special guests such as Emmy winner Rich Arons, animator and director of the classic cartoon “Animaniacs,” artist LeSean Thomas who worked on Adult Swim’s “The Boondocks” and “Black Dynamite” and professional cosplayer Linda Le who goes under the moniker Vampy Bit Me. Various other exhibitors and artists will be present on the LBCHC show floor.

The third weekend of November will be filled with activities including a costume contest, many panels, auctions and signings. Tickets are available both online and onsite, though day-of purchases will start at 9:30 a.m. It is $25 for Saturday, $20 for Sunday and $40 for the full weekend, while there are discounts for those that are senior citizens and/or in the military and law enforcement. There are also a number of special packages that contain various show exclusives such as special art prints and collectibles that can be purchased online.

The big show will run from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Have cash ready for parking for those that will be commuting to the event. You must pay for parking around the area, including in the convention center’s lots. For more information, visithttp://www.longbeachcomiccon.com.