Stress less, buy online textbooks

Anna Maria Petrov, Staff Writer

It’s the beginning of the new semester at California State University San Marcos, and students are mentally preparing for their courses as well as purchasing new school supplies.

The first day of school is nerve-wracking for some; for instance, students worrying as to whether or not they will get into their waitlisted classes or if they’ll get along with new students and professors. Eventually, it also comes down to the textbooks, adding another stress of whether or not they will need them or, if they do, how much will they cost.

You ask yourself, “What’s the most efficient and affordable way I can buy my books for this semester?” and “How long will it take for the textbooks to be delivered?” This can make anyone stressed, due to the fact that the student will typically need them for an assignment right away may need to read before their next class meeting.

I’ve experienced this crazed routine myself, waiting for books to be shipped, and it has never been helpful. However, I have finally found a solution to this problem that will make the process of easing my way into this semester much smoother.

Initially, I used Amazon for my textbook purchases. Then, I began experimenting with various Kindle book downloads on my laptop. Along with the Kindle books, I was also able to purchase the actual book that came with the download, basically having a digital and hard-copy version of it.

Brytewave.com, for example, is another excellent source like Amazon for quickly purchasing digital books and using them for my courses.

Furthermore, digital textbooks are more convenient and are delivered right away, and can make the busy life of a student much less hectic at the start of the semester.

With the digital age that we live in, the purchase of textbooks has changed. I am not very tech savvy in general, but using my Kindle has been an easy and efficient way of fulfilling my academic purposes.