Holistic care versus toxic care: Alternative cancer treatment

Holistic+care+versus+toxic+care%3A+Alternative+cancer+treatment+

By Alex Maravillas, Staff Writer

Current American medical practices do not necessarily cure or treat patients, but instead prolong the life of those with illness with the use of expensive, artificial and poisonous material.

Cancer is a prevalent evil in our society. According to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), in 2013 there was an estimated 144,800 citizens diagnosed with cancer: making that 16 new cases every hour. Alongside that data, cal.gov also included that an estimated 55,485 Californians died; approximately 152 deaths each day.

As technology has advanced, so has the life expectancy of cancer patients.

“In the early 1900s, few cancer patients had any hope of long-term survival. In the 1930s, less than one in five was alive five years after treatment, in the 1940s it was one in four and in the 1960s it was one in three.  Today, more than three out of five cancer patients will be alive five years after diagnosis and treatment,” the CDPH said.

How will those three out of five cancer patients fare in those five years after diagnosis? Unfortunately, the most common practice in the United States incorporates radiation and chemotherapy. Chemo and radiation definitely have an effect on cancer, but they also have an effect on the patient’s body and mental state. Chemotherapy and radiation ultimately destroy the body along with the cancer, causing patients to suffer in a prolonged state of pain and discomfort. Is that really surviving?

There are alternatives to these toxic treatments. Believe it or not, eating and using healthy, organic, raw fruits and vegetables can make you a healthier person that lives longer. Instead of treating the body with nutrition, our hospitals and doctors advise expensive procedures and prescribe harmful artificial chemicals. Consuming and applying synthetic and poisonous pharmaceuticals actually deteriorates the body and contains absolutely no nutritional value.

Why not start with your own nutrition to heal yourself? Why wouldn’t having a healthy lifestyle for yourself help? Because chemotherapy actually makes people feel better? Really? I mean the answer should be obvious by now. All you need is yourself and the knowledge of healthy eating to help care and even cure any illness you may have. The reality is that eating and applying healthy, organic substances speeds up our immune system and can makes it stronger, which can then lead you to heal completely. Most cures start within our immune systems. It’s that easy, and there’s nothing wrong with it.

Just ask the people at the Gerson Therapy Institute of San Diego. It is a non-profit organization that dedicates its time providing education and training in the Gerson Therapy. The therapy was originally developed in the 1920’s by Dr. Max Gerson and consists of a non-stop treatment of a raw, organic vegetarian diet as well as coffee enemas and natural supplements.

According to the Gerson Therapy website, the program “treats many different conditions by healing the body as a whole, rather than selectively targeting a specific condition or symptom.”

Unfortunately, due to U.S. restrictions on providing holistic medical care for cancer patients, the closest Gerson Therapy Clinic is located in Mexico. The cancer-healing center has an extremely strict protocol. Aside from the therapy’s dietary guidelines, all prospective patients must go through an application process and meet a certain criteria before being admitted to the clinic. Once admitted, patients must bring a loved one or companion with them and are recommended to stay for three weeks for optimal care and training. After their three-week stay, patients are then able to go home to continue their treatment on their own. If you are interested in learning more about cancer treatment alternatives, check out the Gerson Therapy’s website for further details: http://gerson.org/gerpress/.

You can also watch the Gerson Therapy documentary and see first hand what they do via Netflix or YouTube, which is entitled “The Gerson Miracle.”

View Comments (1)

• H

Hailey HuntMay 14, 2014 at 9:44 pm

Alex,

I enjoyed reading your article on raw foods as an alternative cure for cancer. The numbers of people who suffer with cancer and are diagnosed each day are far too high and we should be doing everything we can to research and incorporate new and proven cancer treatments into the medical sphere. I am in favor of any approach that proves to combat the killer with the lowest amount of adverse effects to the patient, holistic approaches included. However, with that said, I do not think we should be so quick to nix the traditional medical practices (radiation and chemotherapy) for cancer treatment.

Making healthy nutrition practices a priority is important for everyone, as research has indicated that a healthy, well-balanced diet concentrated with raw fruits and vegetables can improve immune health and fight disease. In regards to cancer, a healthy diet is the ultimate preventer. However, once cancer has invaded the body, I do not think that it is wise to rely merely on fruits and vegetables as a cure. Research on consuming raw fruits and vegetables as a cure for cancer has not been conclusive enough to toss more successful and reliable treatments like chemo and radiation.

With that said, I agree with your statement that the conditions that patients are in after receiving chemo and radiation treatments are not ideal. You posed the question, “Is that really surviving?” in regards to patients suffering from pain and discomfort from treatment. My answer to that is yes, it is surviving. But is it living? There is where the lines are blurred for me. Surviving is being alive, but living is concerned with quality of life. I could safely argue and agree with you that the draining effects of traditional cancer treatments do not promote good quality of life. These treatments work to attack cancer cells and alter their DNA to prevent the spread of the disease, but in the meantime, healthy, benign cells in the body can also be affected, deteriorating the patient’s body from the inside out.

The optimal solution would be to encourage healthy eating habits and awareness of the benefits of a nutritious, raw diet with hopes that this could work to lower the staggering numbers of cancer outbreaks each year. Maintaining a raw diet of fruits and vegetables during treatment could only be beneficial. My hope is that more research will be conducted on the topic of alternative cancer treatments so that one day we can include less damaging treatments into Western medicine practices, where the positive results will be apparent and more lives will be saved from less harmful medical practices.

Thanks for Sharing!
    Hailey

Below I have attached a related article that coincides with your argument, but it is important to take into account the source of the article as well as the fact that research is still inconclusive.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2004/01/24/vegetables-cancer-part-one.aspx

Reply