Campus Climate Survey

By Katlin Sweeney

Editor-in-Chief

[author title=”About the Author” author_id=”24″]

Students are being encouraged to complete a campus climate survey about the atmosphere both in and out of the classroom at CSUSM.

The survey, which is conducted by UCLA’s Higher Education Research Institute, collects responses from participants about academics, relationships with students and faculty, campus activities and campus services.

The survey is intended for undergraduate students who have experienced campus climate, completed at least 30 units and are not graduating this semester. The email was first sent to eligible participants on May 6. Students that are interested in taking the survey should look through their inbox and deleted mail for an email with the title “Share Your CSUSM Experience & Enter to Win a Fall 2015 Parking Permit!”

Participants will be entered into a drawing to win a Fall 2015 CSUSM parking permit (which totals a $338 value) or one of five $50 Visa gift cards. Winners will be randomly selected on or before June 3.

Matthew J. Ceppi, who is the Associate Vice President for Institutional Planning & Analysis and Chief of Staff to President Haynes, said that survey response so far is at 20 percent. He encouraged students to take part in the survey because of how important it is for providing the school with information on campus climate.

“Results from this survey will be used by faculty and administrators to understand and improve the undergraduate college experience at CSUSM,” he said.

Questions about the survey or survey administration can be sent to Cameron Stevenson, Assistant Director of Institutional Planning & Analysis, at [email protected]