HAPPY HOUR OF THE WEEK: BULLY’S DEL MAR

CHRIS GIANCAMILLI
MEDIA MANAGER

From the outside, Bully’s North Del Mar might not seem like an inviting hotspot for food and drinks. The name alone links the mind to dive bars full of knife-wielding bikers. Don’t be fooled, though. Bully’s is an enjoyable place to gather up the group and treat each other to a night of succulent food and refreshing drinks.

Bully’s is by no means a large bar, but what it lacks in size, it makes up for in substance. Since the bar is just a short drive from the Del Mar racetrack, it features a number of interesting racehorse memorabilia. Bully’s perfectly melds old school hardwood bars with a racehorse theme.

Happy hour at Bully’s begins at 3 p.m. on Mondays – Fridays and ends at 7 p.m. On Sunday – Thursday, a different happy hour occurs from 10 p.m. – closing. During Bully’s Happy Hour, the bar serves $3 bottled beer, $3 domestic pints, $4 microbrew pints, $3 house wine glasses, $6 wine glasses and half-price appetizers. Bully’s offers a wide variety of beers on tap like Sierra Nevada, Yellowtail Pale Ale, Blue Moon, Stella Artois, Newcastle, Fat Tire, Guinness and Stone. The bar serves several types of wines such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, White Zinfandel, Merlot, Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio. During Happy Hour, halfprice appetizers include the prime rib quesadilla, Cajun chicken bits, crab-stuffed mushrooms, fried zucchini, calamari strips, jalapeno poppers, sautéed mushrooms, peel-and-eat shrimp and a sampler platter.

If appetizers aren’t your thing, the dinner menu at Bully’s is enough to satisfy any hungry bar patron. From the filet mignon to porterhouse, steak is king at Bully’s, and it shows. However, there’s more to Bully’s than just its steak. Although it can be a bit expensive, the menu boasts a large number of sandwiches, seafood, salads, soups and desserts.

Bully’s is located at 1401 Camino Del Mar in Del Mar. Whether for food or drinks, Bully’s will have you racing back for more.

Photos courtesy of Bullysprimrib.com