POLICE BEAT 4/12

April 1, 12:20 a.m.

Police arrested 20-year-old Alec Bondietti of Carlsbad on suspicion of driving under the influence and charged him with an alleged felony possession of marijuana. Bondietti, who is not affiliated with CSUSM, allegedly travelled down the 100 block of San Elijo Road, made an unsafe lane change and veered back into his lane and almost hit the center divider. After officers pulled Bondietti over for alleged unsafe driving, officers smelled marijuana coming from Bondietti and the vehicle. Police booked Bondietti to the Vista Detention Center and an imminent court date is pending. It’s unclear whether police let him out on bail.

April 2, 2:15 a.m.

Britni Torquato, 22, of San Marcos reportedly drove intoxicated. Officers pulled Torquato, a non-student of CSUSM, over after she allegedly drove in a dangerous manner on Twin Oaks Valley Road. Police put Torquato through a field coordination test, which she allegedly performed badly. Officers decided to take her into custody and booked her at the county jail, where she submitted to a blood sample. It is unclear whether police let her out on bail.

April 3, 2:10 a.m.

After allegedly speeding at an estimated 60 to 70 MPH at the block of Twin Oaks Valley Road and Craven Drive, police pulled over 25-year-old Kory Cohen of San Marcos. Officers smelled alcohol radiating from Cohen’s breath. Police took him into custody under suspicion of a DUI. At the Vista Detention Center, Cohen submitted to a blood test, and his BAC is currently undetermined. Police booked him into jail. It’s unclear whether police let him out on bail. Cohen is unaffiliated with CSUSM.

April 5, 1:50 a.m.

Juan Orozco of Vista allegedly drove in an unsafe manner, weaving and crossing over into different traffic lanes. After officers stopped Orozco; the 27-year-old male admitted to smoking marijuana prior to driving his vehicle. Then, officers put Orozco through a field coordination test, and he seemed under the influence. Orozco also drove with a suspended license. Police arrested him and took him to the county jail where he was booked and submitted to a blood test. It’s unclear whether Orozco was released on bail, but his court date for the alleged crimes is pending.

Photo courtesy of Morgan Hall