PRIDE CONCERT CALENDAR 5/10

PHILIP MYKEL FLORES
NEWS EDITOR

U2

When: Saturday, June 18 Where: Angel Stadium of Anaheim, Time: 7 p.m. Etc: This Irish rock band, originally from Dublin, launches the “360” tour as a support of the highly successfully album “No Line on the Horizon.” The tour was named “360” after a four-legged supporting rig that creates the 360-degree stage. The tour has been the highest grossing concert tour, grossing almost $558 million.

Britney Spears

When: Monday, June 20 Where: Staples Center, Time: 7 p.m. Etc: Pop princess Britney Spears is slated to embark on a 26-date tour to promote her latest album “Femme Fatale.” The tour will feature opening acts Nicki Minaj, Jessie and Toy Boys and Nervo. The concert will feature a “post-apocalyptic vibe” and choreography that will blow your mind.

Katy Perry

When: August 9, 2011 Where: Valley View Casino Center, Time: 7:30 p.m. Etc: This American, singer-songwriter took the world by storm with her hit songs such as “California Gurls,” “Teenage Dream” and “Firework.” After touring Europe and Asia, Perry announced she would take the tour across North America. The North American tour features opening acts Robyn Yelle and Janelle Monae.

Sade with John Legend

When: Tuesday, August 23 Where: Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre, Time: 7:30 p.m. Etc: After being in hiatus for almost a decade, singer-songwriter is back on the road for the first time, alongside John Legend. She is known mainly for the soft and seductive voice that earned her the title best selling British female solo artist. The tour promotes Sade’s latest album, “Soldier of Love.”

Taylor Swift

When: Saturday, August 27 Where: Staples Center Time: 7 p.m. Etc: After selling more than 10 million copies with her album “Fearless,” the American country singer-songwriter embarks on her second world tour in support of her latest album “Speak Now.” Some opening acts will include American Idol alumnus Danny Gokey and country music singer Frankie Ballard. Ticket prices for all listed events at ticketmaster.com.

Photos courtesy of wikimedia.org