RAISING MONEY FOR CSUSM ATHLETICS

KYLE TREMBLEY
CONTRIBUTOR

San Diego Padres Hall of Fame pitcher Randy Jones will be playing in the fourth annual CSUSM Cougar Scramble Golf Tournament and registration for the limited spots remaining in the field is now open to the public.

Hosted by Cal State San Marcos Athletics and the CSUSM Alumni Association, the Cougar Scramble will be played on Tuesday, Nov. 8, at beautiful Crosby Golf Course in Rancho Santa Fe. All proceeds from the event will go towards student-athlete scholarships and Alumni Association endowed scholarships.

“This is the second year that we will hold the tournament at The Crosby, which is an unbelievable course and the reason we sold out last year,” said CSUSM Athletic Director Tom Seitz. “With the addition of Randy Jones this year we expect the field to be full very soon. This is our major fund raiser for the year and we need everyone’s support to provide student-athlete scholarships for our expanding athletic program.”

Participants will enjoy fun on-course games and contests, a raffle with terrific prizes and of course 18 holes of great golf at one of the most scenic courses in Southern California. A dinner and live auction will follow the round.

Randy Jones will be joining the field for the round and the festivities. The 1976 National League (NL) Cy Young Award winner is excited to be a part of the Cougar Scramble.

“I’m thrilled to be involved with the Cougar Scramble and helping raise money for student-athletes and scholarships,” Jones said. “Both my daughters graduated from Cal State San Marcos, so this is an exciting opportunity to help future graduates.”

Registration is $295 per player or $1,100 per foursome. Corporate sponsorship opportunities are also available. For more information or to sign up online, visit www.csusmcougars.com/cougarscramble.