HAPPY HOUR OF THE WEEK: THREE STORIES OF FUN AT DAVINA’S CABO GRILL & CANTINA

KRISTIN MELODY
PRIDE STAFF WRITER

Wondering where to go in downtown Oceanside? The lively Davina’s Cabo Grill & Cantina does not disappoint. The bar has three stories with unique settings and a happy hour worth stopping in for.

The basement floor has a dance club with frequent live music, hip-hop dancing and go-go dancers. The ground floor is part of the restaurant and has a bar and televisions playing sports games. The roof top full bar and restaurant is the best place to go, with an open air view over the ocean and downtown Oceanside and fireplaces, ample seating, heaters, free Wi-Fi and music.

The happy hour at Cabo is ample and consistent, running daily from 4 – 7 p.m. and late night from 10 p.m. – 12 a.m. for food and drink. Drinks during the 4 – 7 p.m. session are 2 for 1. Cabo’s alcohol list is extensive, but the must try is the delicious Pancho Rita, a large margarita on the rocks with a Corona flipped upside down into it. The alcohol list includes many other creations, and none of them are excluded from the lively happy hour. The discounted food includes $2 fish tacos, $4 1/3 lb. burgers, $4 Mexican pizza and a $2 taco dog, among many other items.

Davina’s Cabo Grill & Cantina is a place to spend the afternoon and evening, and you’re not a far walk from the movie theatre, Oceanside beach, and Oceanside pier. Head over to Davina’s in downtown Oceanside on 212 North Tremont Street for three stories of fun.

Website: http://davinascabogrill.com/
Phone: (760) 637-2450

Photos by Kristin Melody