RISING MARKETING COMPANY PLACES EMPHASIS ON COMMUNITY

KYLE M. JOHNSON

With the help of companies like groupon.com and dailydeals.com, internet users have been able to receive financial benefits in their local communities during the present economic decline.

NeighborhoodInc., a company with the same offerings of coupons and daily deals as well as other features, including job services, is developing with an ultimate “people helping people” mission statement: of the money that comes into the company, a percentage goes back to community schools and charities.

According to www.neighborhoodinc.org, “[20-50 percent] of membership fees go back to their local schools.” While it is free for the Basic Membership and the Charity & Non-Profit Membership, the annual Deluxe Membership is listed at $249 and the annual Premium Membership is listed at $499 meaning with every Deluxe and Premium Membership, 20 – 50 percent will be given back to schools.

When it comes to Community Deals, “Our daily coupon site gives 10 percent of net proceeds back to schools [and] charities, a percentage of our yearly net-profit will be given back to the community.”

NeighborhoodInc. also offers job services, a work placement program system headed by a staff of recruiters. Through this service, each placement will be followed up with the “Cash Referral & Charity Bonus Program” which gives back a cash referral to the person who assisted in finding a member’s job, as well as a bonus towards any non-profit charity.

The company also provides users of the site with Local Community Calendar. “[The] community calendar offers free advertising for all non-profit organizations so you can connect and support their event.”

Nick Bandejas, founder of NeighborhoodInc., left the corporate world to start the company, which grew from a series of developments originating from giving back to charities to giving back to charities and the community.

Bandejas decided to develop the company with a socialistic approach. “[NeighborhoodInc.] is not just a marketing company, it’s a neighborhood company. We help people find jobs and save money,” Bandejas said.

Bandejas went on to say that through offering lower costs to businesses, money is given to schools and charities strengthening the company’s other services which leads to more money, creating the first truly “green” economy. “The ultimate goal is for NeighborhoodInc. to come full circle as a self-generating cycle. [It will] ultimately be a goodwill network through loyalty.”