COMMUNITY AND WORLD LITERARY SERIES RESUMES NEXT MONTH

KYLE M. JOHNSON
STAFF WRITER

On Feb. 9, the Community and World Literary Series will be restarting for the spring 2012 semester.

The series hosts on-campus literary readings performed by visiting authors. Past CWLS events have included such guests as Rae Armantrout, Clayton Eshelman and Kate Greenstreet.

This semester, the series is scheduled to feature Claudia Rankine, Harold Jaffe, Susan Schultz and Craig Perez Santos.

Claudia Rankine is the author of four collections of poetry titled “Don’t Let Me Be Lonely,” “Plot,” “The End of the Alphabet” and “Nothing in Nature is Private.” She is also a playwright and has edited many anthologies. Rankine currently teaches at Pomona College.

Harold Jaffe is the author of nineteen books, including collections of fiction, novels and essays. His work has been translated into numerous languages. Jaffe currently teaches at San Diego State University and is also the editor of “Fiction International.”

Susan Schultz is the author of several volumes of poetry and prose. She is also the editor of Tinfish Press in Hawaii and currently teaches at the University of Hawaii.

Craig Perez Santos has written two books of poetry and is the winner of the 2010 Poets & Writers California Writer’s Exchange Award. He is the co-founder of Ala Press and currently teaches at the University of Hawaii.

Rankine will be reading on Feb. 9 at 6:30 p.m. in Markstein Hall, room 125.

Jaffe will be reading on April 12 at 7 p.m. The room is to be determined.

Schultz and Santos will both be reading on April 26 at 7 p.m. The room is to be determined.