SUMMER’S CONCERT SERIES KICKOFF: A SNEAK PEEK AT COACHELLA AND STAGECOACH FESTIVALS

ALEX FRANCO
STAFF WRITER

With the spring concert season right around the corner, there’s no better way to kick it off than with one of the biggest music festivals in the world, the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, Calif.

Usually a single three-day concert weekend, this year will take place April 13 – 15 and on a second weekend April 20 – 22, to accommodate the high attendance each year.

The same performers are to be featured both weekends, so concertgoers of both weekends will experience the same spectacle.

Coachella, known for having a wide range of musical genre headliners, didn’t disappoint this year with The Black Keys headlining Friday, April 13 and 20, Radiohead, the headliners of Saturday, April 14 and 21, and rappers Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg will close the show both weekends on Sunday, April 15 and 22.

For those music lovers of a different sort, the same venue will host a country festival the following weekend. Stagecoach, California’s Country Music Festival will feature some of the world’s best and biggest country music stars.

The event takes place April 27 – 29, in Indio, California. This year’s event will feature country superstars, Brad Paisley, Jason Aldean, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton and Alabama, all performing over the course of the three-day festival.

You can see the concerts at the Indio Polo Grounds in Indio, Calif. located two hours east of San Marcos. Tickets are now sold out for Coachella but can be purchased from various ticket resellers like Stubhub and eBay.