“THE VOW” PROMISES HOPE FOR COUPLES ON VALENTINE’S DAY

JULIANA STUMPP
STAFF WRITER

“The Vow,” starring Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams, isn’t a typical romance film.

Though it begins with love, it ends with tragedy. The roles are based off real life couple Kim and Krickitt Carpenter who experienced a tragedy similar to the plot in “The Vow.” The Carpenters’ love and marriage was put on the line after Krickitt was in a tragic car accident leaving her with memory loss, and forgetting who her husband was and their entire marriage. In the movie, Tatum plays Leo, the husband to McAdams’ character, Paige. Throughout the movie, Leo fights for their marriage; he never gives up on his wife and attempts to make her fall in love with him again.

“The Vow” stands out from all other romantic movies because of the passion and determination for this young couple to overcome their heartbreaking situation. Unlike romance films that follow two people falling in love, “The Vow” follows a couple who have already found love but are forced to rediscover it as their relationship is put to the ultimate test.

Learn what true love is, and find out if Leo and Paige can ever regain their passionate love they once had.

Here are show times for “The Vow” at Edwards San Marcos Stadium 18 for Feb. 14.
11:15 a.m., 11:45 a.m., 1:55 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4:35 p.m., 5:05 p.m., 7:15 p.m., 7:45 p.m., 9:55 p.m., 10:25 p.m.