COMIC BOOK CORNER 3/13

FAITH ORCINO
STAFF WRITER

Wolverine and the X-Men’s interactive side

Fans of “Wovlerine and the X-Men” can now chat through Twitter with some of the characters. Currently, 13 staff and students from the Jean Grey School of Higher Learning have their own accounts while the school itself has its own. Marvel created “livetweet” sessions with the involved cast that followed along with its issues. Issue seven of the series will be out in shops on March 14. Talk with Professor Iceman (@ IceIceBobby), student Kid Omega (@QQuire) or even the school custodian Toad (@JanitorToad) as you read your new copy of the comic. To check out more on “Wolverine and the X-Men” or Marvel’s interactive events, visit Marvel.com.

“The DC Universe by Alan Moore”

Also hitting shelves also on March 14, 2012 is DC Comic’s collection of critically acclaimed writer Alan Moore’s work concerning its famous characters. Moore is one of the minds behind hit classics such as “V for Vendetta,” “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen” and “Watchmen,” all that have been adapted into films. The book is a blast from the past as the stories bring readers back into the 1980s. According to DCComics.com, the collection includes Moore’s “Batman: The Killing Joke,” one of the very controversial events within the DC Universe continuity. Other stories feature characters such as Superman, Green Lantern and Wild C.A.T.’s Voodoo drawn from an array of artists. The volume will be released in hardcover, though it is unknown if a trade paperback version will be made. Get your own copy either online or from a local comic shop.