THE COUGAR SHUFFLE

ASHLEY DAY
STAFF WRITER

Spring break starts this weekend. After spring break, the semester usually is chaotic because papers and projects are due. This has me yearning for summer. Summer is a much warranted break from everything. It’s time for road trips, the beach, late nights and just never- ending fun. Here are some songs that will get you through the mid semester slump until we all reach that three month break.

Nicki Minaj: “Starships” – I have to admit, I’ve never been a big fan of Minaj, but this song has grown on me. The beat is perfect for changing your mood from stressed to happy. The song makes me feel like summer is almost here.

CJ Hilton: “Cold Summer” – Hilton’s song was iTunes’ “Free Single of the Week” last week. I’m not one to pass up free music, so I downloaded it and I have to say it’s catchy. The bass line is hypnotic and I can imagine it remixed in the club scene.

Breathe Carolina: “Sweat It Out” – This song from the duos latest album, “Hell Is What You Make It,” should be a summer anthem. It’s the perfect mix of electronic dance music and rock energy.

Sammy Adams: “Blow Up” – Adams’ first single from his upcoming major label debut samples Pixies’ “Where Is My Mind?” Adams raps about leaving college to pursue his music career. Too bad we can’t all be that successful.

Kanye West: “Stronger” – This song is old, but like West raps, “N-n-now that that don’t kill me can only make me stronger, I need you to hurry up now ‘cause I can’t wait much longer.” Amen to that. This semester will make us stronger, but time needs to speed up to summer.