DROPPING 3/13

REBEKAH GREEN
STAFF WRITER

“Melancholia”

This Lars von Trier film is not seen as a disaster movie. Rather, it follows newlywed Justine (Kirsten Dunst) and her deepening depression, as a planet called Melancholia draws ever closer to a collision with Earth. Dunst’s performance earned her a Best Actress Award at the Cannes Film Festival.

“Young Adult”

Mavis Gary (Charlize Theron) is a writer who, following a divorce, returns to her hometown and tries to reclaim her high school love, Buddy. “Young Adult” is directed by Jason Reitman and written by Diablo Cody (the same duo behind “Juno”).

“The Adventures of Tintin”

Based on Hergé’s comic series, this adaptation follows Tintin, his dog Snowy and Captain Haddock on an adventure for treasure. The adaptation draws from all three of Hergé’s original Tintin stories in this fun, nostalgic, motion-capture film directed by Steven Spielberg and produced by Peter Jackson.

Miike Snow

Indie pop band Miike Snow’s newest album “Happy to You” comes out on March 26. The first single of the album is “Paddling Out.” Another track, “Black Tin Box,” features a collaboration with fellow Swedish artist, Lykke Li.

Madonna

Madonna’s twelfth album “MDNA” is coming out on March 26. The album features the singles “Give Me All Your Luvin’” and “Girl Gone Wild.” Following the release of this album, Madonna will begin a world tour in late May with fall tour dates set in the U.S.

Will.i.am

Will.i.am’s newest album “Willpower” is his fourth studio album and is set for release on March 16. The first single “T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever)” features Mick Jagger and Jennifer Lopez.