Freaky and intense describes new season of ‘American Horror Story’

n/c
In the second season of “American Horror Story,” Jessica Lange plays Sister Jude, a sadistic nun in a Massachussetts mental institution.

By Juliana Stumpp

A&E Co-Editor
On Oct. 17, “American Horror Story” premiered it’s second season premiere with new plot lines, characters and mysteries to be resolved.
Last season on the widely popular horror themed show, actors Dylan McDermott and Connie Britton played a married couple who moved into a new house with their daughter, played by Taissa Farmiga. The family is hoping that the problems they had in Boston will be forgotten during their move to Los Angeles. However, they experience odd behavior from their neighbors played by Denis O’Hare, Evan Peters and Emmy award-winning Jessica Lange,
The second season, titled “American Horror Story: Asylum,” only features two actors from the previous season, Lange and Peters as Sister Jude and Kit Walker respectively. The season premiere starts off with a young newlywed couple (Adam Levine and Jenna Dewan-Tatum) exploring the Briarcliff Manor in present day. While exploring, the husband is attacked by an unknown entity. Flackback to 1964 and Kit Walker is accused of being the serial killer known as “Bloody Face.” He is taken to the Briarcliff Manor which is an insane asylum. During the arrival of Walker, young reporter Lana Winters (played by Sarah Paulson) explores the Manor without permission. However, Sister Jude finds her and commits her to the asylum and blackmails her.
This season of the thrilling drama will have two different story lines. The primary following the asylum during the 1960’s and a secondary plot that revolves around the young married couple that was featured at the beginning of the episode.
What I enjoy the most about “American Horror Series” is that you don’t need to know what happens in the previous seasons to understand what is going on during the current episodes. Ryan Muphy and Brad Falchuk, creators and producers of the series, are bringing a whole new dimension to television. It’s like watching a whole new show every se