Comic Book Corner: So Cal Comic Con for comics fans only

Marc Silvestri, founder of Image Comics’ Top Cow studio, is the featured guest at the upcoming So Cal Comic Con.

By Faith Orcino

For fans who want a convention that is just about comics, then look no further than So Cal Comic Con.

Collectors Rey Reyes and Joel Elad held the first event in 2010 and are returning for their third annual event. This year, it will be at the QLN Corporate Center in Oceanside, Calif. on Sunday Nov. 18.

Compared to bigger conventions such as San Diego and New York’s Comic Cons, which features many of the popular arts, So Cal’s event focuses only on the comics.

This year’s guest of honor is Marc Silvestri, founder of Image Comics’ Top Cow studio and iconic artist.  Silvestri and other artists such as Sina Grace and Mike McKone as well as G.A.S. Studios will be there for fans to meet.  Along with Top Cow, publishers IDW and Apsen Comics will set up exhibits with local vendors.

The event will go from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.  Anyone under 13 years of age is free to attend while those older must pay $7 for admission.  Several comic shops around the southern Californian area have special event flyer’s which have a discount of $1 off the price.

For more information, visit SoCalComicCon on Facebook and/or www.socalcomiccon.com.