Check out these entertainment options on Netflix

A scene from the TV series “Portlandia.”

For Your Entertainment Netflix Movie & Episode of the Week

By Katlin Sweeney

Features Editor

Whether you want to watch a movie with your roommates or are bored and in need of some entertainment, Netflix is your perfect choice for motivational documentaries and comedic sketches.

“Craigslist Joe”

4 out of 5 Paws

From producers Joseph Garner and Zack Galifianakis comes a documentary that poses the question of whether or not survival based solely off of Craigslist advertisements is possible. Over the course of one month, “Craigslist Joe” follows Joseph Garner as he leaves his friends and family behind to test an unthinkable idea.

Accompanied only by a cameraman that he met through the website, Garner’s only means of survival for 30 days is to post advertisements online asking for food, jobs to pay for necessities, transportation and places to sleep. He is unable to contact anyone he already knows for assistance, only relying completely on the help of strangers to get him through the month. While viewers may wonder if the presence of a cameraman may at all affect the outcome of some of these encounters or provoke people to be nicer to Garner, “Craigslist Joe” is still a fascinating watch for anyone that enjoys films about the human existence and our connections with one another.

“Portlandia”

4 out of 5 Paws

Must-Watch Episode: Season 1, Episode 3: “Aimee”

From the minds of “Saturday Night Live” cast member Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein comes a comedy-sketch concoction so strange, viewers have no idea what will come next. Combining a funky sense of humor with outlandish wardrobe design, “Portlandia” is an off-kilter, charming satire that commands attention.

Brownstein and Armisen offer up sketch performances centered around themes such as discovering their favorite singer-songwriter is their maid, freeing someone’s pet dog because they feel it belongs in the wild and a couple that is addicted to “Battlestar Gallactica.” For one of the most unique, hard-to-describe satirical sketches ever created, check out “Portlandia.”