Indio music festivals returning this spring with changes, surprises

The country pop trio of Lady Antebellum headlines the 2013 Stagecoach festival at the Empire Polo Grounds in Indio.

By Juliana Stumpp

A&E Editor

April showers bring May flowers, and music festivals in the spring. With these music festivals comes new rules that aren’t favored by fans of these events.

Stagecoach, California’s biggest country festival, altered its rules regarding camping. For the 2013 festival, there will only be RV campgrounds without the usual tent or car camping options. In addition to the cutbacks of ways to camp, there is a six-person limit to each RV.

Currently, applications for RV spots have passed. In the past years, attendees of the festival were allowed to go into the campgrounds, but this year you won’t be able to unless you’re a camper.

Other concerns that arise is the lineup of country artists that will preforming. The top three headliners are Toby Keith, Lady Antebellum and Zac Brown Band. Actors Jeff Bridges and John C. Reilly will be performing with their own bands.

Stagecoach tickets went on sale back in October. The festival will be the weekend of April 26. Visit stagecoachfestival.com for the full line up and more information.

The Coachella festival —  which returns for two weekends April 12-14, 19-21 —  features artists of the rock, hip-hop, indie and house music genres. Last year, the festival surprised the audience with a holographic version of rapper Tupac Shakur during Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg’s performance.

The lineup of Coachella has not been announced but will be released within the month, where tickets will also be available. Stay updated with the latest news at Coachella.com