Some good films, episodes to watch on Netflix

Matt Damon in a scene from the film “Good Will Hunting.”

By Melissa Martinez

News Editor

“Good Will Hunting”
5/5 paw prints
Written by best friends Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, the story centers on a troubled youth growing up without parents who is too intelligent for the situation he’s living in.

After completing a complex equation that would take the smartest students in the country an entire semester to solve Will Hunting (played by Damon) solves in a matter of minutes during his night shift as a janitor at MIT.

When professors notice the immense intelligence that he holds, he is advised to see a psychologist (played by Robin Williams) who shows him what possibilities his gift could bring.

Taking home an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor (Williams), Best Writing Original Screen Play (Affleck and Damon) and several critically-acclaimed honors, “Good Will Hunting” still serves the role as one of the greatest American movies of all time.

“American Horror Story”
5/5 pawprints
Must watch episode: Season 1, Episodes 4 & 5: Halloween
I’ve never been so drawn to the suspense in a television program before.
“American Horror Story” offers fear, provocative character development and a psychological thriller that keep you up for nights at a time, either because you’re so scared you can’t sleep, you’re glued to the screen watching every episode or you’re witnessing new characters unfold with the history of a murder house unlike any other. Though the story Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk created is not a pretty one, the haunted house tale is perfectly unpredictable and each episode dives deeper into moments of a Victorian house with many secrets. If you are not sure whether “American Horror Story” will interest you, watch the first episode. I guarantee you will fall in love with this psycho-sexual thriller and the fate of those living it.