RESTAURANT REVIEW: Money Pit the best bang for your buck

The Money Pit restaurant near campus isn’t fancy but it’s a good deal for students.

By Alex Franco

Sports Editor

On the corner of Mission Avenue in San Marcos lies a building that most people would likely pass by and not notice. This green and white painted building, which at first appears to be a bank, is none other than San Marcos’ very own Money Pit restaurant.

The Money Pit is a traditional American fast food restaurant. It serves classic staples; among them are cheeseburgers, which can be stacked high with four patties and four slices of American cheese. The menu also offers a plethora of other American classic restaurant favorites such as sandwiches with anything you can dream of inside, salads loaded to the brim, chicken strips, hot dogs, corn dogs, hand-scooped milk shakes and everything in between.

“We come here because it’s amazing food at an unbeatable price. I would say it’s right up there with In-N-Out Burger as far as taste goes,” two customers, who frequently visit the restaurant regularly, said.

Money Pit really takes its name to heart when it comes to restaurant decor. They have literally decorated every inch of the dining room with anything and everything money or financially related, from the floors covered with coins to the walls full of movie posters related to money and old American antiques.

The atmosphere, decor and food gets you in the door, but it is the service at The Money Pit that keeps you coming back again and again. Once you order your food and get your drink, sit down and let the staff at Money Pit bring your order to you, tableside, something not often seen at most fast food restaurants.

There are plenty of reasons that Money Pit is a must-go place to eat, but it’s up to you to go in and see for yourself why this is the only Money Pit around, and for good reason.

Money Pit is open everyday from 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. and is located at 1360 E. Mission Road in San Marcos, phone number 760 743 7775.