The Shuffle: A song mix for spring

By Keandre Williams-Chambers

Spring has arrived and with it comes a set of sounds to keep with the season. These songs are sure to represent the essence of spring. Earthy and upbeat sounds with just a touch of expressive elements to lounge around to over break.

“Now is the Start” by A Fine Frenzy

Definitely the track to announce the beginning of spring. A chipper song from Alison Sudol’s recent release of her album, “Pines,” the song carries a lackadaisical tone despite its lyrics about moving on from current.

“That Time” by Regina Spektor

Let’s be honest, we can’t truly have spring without remembering all the things we’ve done before it and how we can all top it. For the reminiscing part, queue up this song and see if you remember that time you did something interesting, or a time something interesting happened to you. Maybe it could be a call to step up your game or stay inside this upcoming break.

“Dance, Dance, Dance” by Lykke Li

This wonderful and whimsical song featured on a Bing commercial makes you want to move a bit. The Swedish singer-songwriter’s song about losing yourself in the moment when there may not be much need for trivial things such as empty conversation. Sometimes doing what is natural is just…well, necessary.

“Got it All Wrong” by Wakey!Wakey!

Perhaps spring might just be the time to reflect on the things we’ve done and the relationships we’ve formed. Given that Valentine’s Day is long behind us, maybe this song can give the motivation to think if the foundation of a relationship formed for that day is stronger than its meaning. With the added bonus of the band that was featured on the television drama, “One Tree Hill,” perhaps this is more reason to explore this group.

“It’s Time” by Imagine Dragons

This familiar song featured on the trailer of the movie “The Perks of Being a Wallflower,” this Imagine Dragons song from their debut studio album “Night Vision” has become a popular tune. With its upbeat rhythm and catchy tune, it carries along it the theme of a new beginning. Did I mention that it’s catchy?