Improv spotlight: Nicole Hernandez

By Juliana Stumpp

A&E Editor

Throughout the semester, the CSUSM Improv team performs two types of displays for every given show. These consist of a family-friendly show and an adult show that follows. Although the players vary in every show, one of the main players is Nicole Hernandez, who has been on the team since spring 2010. The theater major took the time to sit down and answer some questions for us.

Question: What is your favorite thing about being on the team?

Answer: My favorite thing about being on the team is that we’re like a fun little family. It’s really great to be able to spend a lot of time with them and get to do fun things like playing pretend.

Q: What struggles have you experienced while on the team?

A: Making sure the momentum keeps going. We’ll go through stretches of time where we don’t bring in as much of an audience as we usually do and that’s always tough to figure out how to bring people back. And also making sure that it’s able to continue as more and more people start graduating.

Q: What do you see yourself doing after college?

A: It would be fun to continue improv. I don’t want to give up on it but I also don’t want to go into it as a career. I want to either be a theater teacher or run a theater of my own.

Q: What is your favorite skit or perform?

A: My favorite game to play is Blind Line. It’s really fun to see what lines the audience comes up with.  It’s one of those games that can get really random and strange.