A music shuffle for spring fever

By Juliana Stumpp

A&E Editor

The days are getting longer and we yearn for summer to be closer then only five more weeks. Although we are well past the halfway point in the semester, we keep pushing ourselves to not get lazy, but who says we can’t? Here are some tunes to embrace your inner laziness whether you are sleeping until 1 p.m. on Sundays or skipping class on Monday to go to the beach.

“California” by 7 Minutes in Heaven

The beachy sound and easy lyrics make this song perfect for trying to get out of bed and start your day as slowly as you want. After all, as students living in California we all want the simple life and freedom to do what we want, when we want. The song “California” describes that lifestyle.

“Get Me Golden” by Terraplane Sun

The upbeat hum will persuade you to leave your backpack at home and change into your bathing suit. Terraplane Sun’s unique sound is positive that you won’t want the day to go to waste sitting in class, especially if the sun is shining.

“Hang Loose” by Alabama Shake

This rock band was nominated for “Best New Artist” earlier this year at the Grammy’s. Their famous song “Hold On” made the charts but “Hang Loose” made sure that we keep an eye out for them. The mellow tones and unique singing styling’s of singer Brittney Howard will get you hooked.

“Tête-Á-Tête” by Walk the Moon

Walk the Moon, although fairly unknown, has electric pop beats with chorus’ that you can sing along to. Their breakout song “Anna Sun” has been heard in stores, commercials and radio. Similar to “Anna Sun,” this newest song “Tête-Á-Tête” gets you pumped for whatever your lazy day plans are.

“Louder Than Ever” by Cold War Kids

The beats in this song have many different hooks and alterations that are flexible to any mood you’re into. Similar to Terraplane Sun, their music is urban as far as its electronic sound mixed with pop. It is the perfect song to lay outside to work on that tan.