The worst part of the last month of school

Cougar Chronicle Editors

“The last month of school is definitely my least favorite out of the year. I hate the fact that my professors put more pressure on me to do well and make up for bad tests earlier in the semester. I wish that more professors just did not give finals so that your grade does not depend heavily upon one test and the anxiety did not build towards the end, making studying even more difficult.” – Features Editor Katlin Sweeney

“My biggest stress during this last month of school is definitely worrying if you did enough to pass your classes, and that it wasn’t all a waste. Each new semester is a challenge but they come and go so quickly and I find that there was no need to worry in the first place. You’re tiredness catches up for you by this time of the semester and it becomes a heavy season of colds, stomach flu’s and whatever other kind of sickness you can think of. Keep strong, and let it roll off your back, it will all work out in the end. – Opinion Editor Jessie Gambrell

“The biggest stress this time of year is definitely making sure I’m doing well in all my classes. Every year is different; there are different distractions but this year I’ve been sick for what seems like forever. It’s important to stay healthy and treat your body well because when finals come around, the last thing you want to deal with is a cold.” – A & E Editor Juliana Stumpp

“The most stressful thing about the end of the semester is without a doubt the final exams for each class. There is so much information to try and maintain before the finals day comes, it could drive anyone insane before the semester’s end, especially with the loss of sleep that comes with it. Trying to balance it all together is tough, but I somehow find a way to survive year in and year out.” – Sports Editor Alex Franco

“Personally, my biggest stresses are whether I’d be able to see an advisor and my commitments on campus. With the end of the semester, comes the deadlines for projects and finals. As a fourth year, I’m stressing out trying to decide which classes I still need to graduate.” – News Editor Melissa Martinez