Lambert, Mars and Pitbull highlight summer concert season

Nicole Ignell

Summer is almost here, and with the fun in the sun comes concerts.

Where the sun is shining, no homework is due (for those who aren’t dying in summer school) and no rules apply. Whether you enjoy the relaxing peaceful music of Marilyn Manson, or the head banging mixes of Justin Beiber, this summer promises to have the glorious musical talents of artists.

Two music festivals have already kicked off the concert series, Stagecoach and Coachella …and having attended one of those and experiencing the classiness of culture rich environments, I can say, without a doubt that this summer is going to be awesome.

Why not go out of your music comfort zone this summer? There are so many concerts to choose from and with the endless funds that all of us college students have (especially me), you should try and see as many as you can. Concerts are also a fun way to hang out with friends, sing like you would in the shower, and of course see artists that you love or meet a few new ones.

Locally, the Del Mar Fair will host the musical styling’s of  Switchfoot on June 14, Martina McBride on June 20, Big Time Rush on June 22, Train on June 27 and Adam Lambert on July 2. Tickets are currently on sale for these events and more information can be found at http://www.sdfair.com/index.php?fuseaction=concerts.grandstand.

Chula Vista’s Sleep Train Amphitheatre will host Tim McGraw on June 7, Pitbull and Ke$ha on June 16, and the Vans Warped Tour on June 19. One luxury about this Amphitheatre is that there are cheap lawn seats for as low as $23.

Valley View Casino center will also host Bruno Mars on July 30.

Make sure to check online and get tickets fast, because can sell out pretty fast. Have a nice summer, be safe, and more importantly, go to a lot of concerts. I’ll see you there.