ASI offers students ‘Finals Detox’

ASI’s Finals Detox Event

Students to get free study materials

By Ryan Downs

It is 9 a.m. on Monday, there is a paper due, then an online test at noon, then another paper due at 2:30 p.m., than two papers due tomorrow.

Yes, one of the most stressful times of the year is upon us once again, and ASI has come to help relieve some of the nerves.

In this time of anxiety and tension over the quickly approaching finals, ASI is holding a “Finals Detox” event at the beginning of May.

The purpose is to ease tensions students may feel about the end of the semester by providing them with everything they may need for finals, including Scantrons, booklets and pencils. The event is intended to give students a sense of relaxation by making them feel prepared, and it comes at the right time. At the end of the last week before finals, students have enough on their mind. Since they are already worrying about the content of their tests and their grades, they are too busy to worry about the basic necessities they need to simply take the test.

“It’s a super easy going and straightforward event,” Brittany Arnold, Finals Detox Coordinator, said.

The hope is that with the tools they need to effectively take their tests, combined with other students wishing them good luck, students will feel a little more prepared to end their year on a good note.

ASI hopes that by providing these materials, finals week will be as stress-free as possible. Finals Detox will be during U-Hour on Thursday, May 9, in front of Kellogg Library.