Restaurant Review: Tina’s offers area’s biggest, best sandwiches

By Alex Franco

There is a hidden secret few people outside of San Marcos know about, but if you ask anyone in town where the go-to place for the best sandwich is, Tina’s Deli will be their answer.

Tina’s Deli, located off of Twin Oaks Valley Road, has been a prime lunch stop for Cal State students, Palomar students and all of San Marcos’ citizens for almost 20 years. With their generous portions and huge sandwiches, it is no surprise why they have had tremendous success with anyone who walks into Tina’s.

“I came here my freshman year of college and instantly loved it, I’ll never go anywhere else for my sandwiches. I definitely suggest Tina’s over subway or any other sandwich shop in town,” a regular Tina’s Deli customer, Brittany said.

Tina’s features an extensive menu with a variety of classic and specialty sandwiches to choose from. They have classic staples like BLT with avocado, tuna salad and roast beef, as well as club sandwiches, all on your choice of bread and their signature “THE WORKS” condiments to go along with it.

Want something else to go with your sandwich? Don’t worry, because Tina’s has all sorts of sides and desserts to add to your stacked sandwich, from potato chips to cakes to brownies.

The Deli offers daily specials throughout the week, where they sell some of their top sandwiches at discounted prices. The sandwiches typically range anywhere from $5 to $10, depending on how big of an order you would like.

“I come here almost every Tuesday for pepper jack club Tuesday, that one has to be my favorite sandwich here,” said another Tina’s Deli customer.

You can visit Tina’s Deli yourself and grab your own delicious sandwich at its quaint location down the street at 760 N Twin Oaks Valley Rd, but get there early because they are only open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, until 3 p.m. on Saturdays and closed on Sundays.