Dropping: New CDs, DVDs on the horizon

Dayve Ward

By Faith Orcino

A&E Editor

Nine Inch Nails’ “Hesitation Marks”

Trent Reznor returns to Nine Inch Nails with a brand-new album.  Pitchfork reported on the band’s hinted hiatus in early 2009 which became true after their tour with Jane’s Addiction.  This album contains 14 tracks, including the singles “Came Back Haunted,” “Copy of A” and “Everything.”  The iTunes version has a special interview with Reznor while the deluxe version contains three remix tracks.  For those that purchase through NIN.com, the band’s official website, buyers have the option to receive the “audiophile” mastered version, a different mastering of the same album.  On the website, mixer Alan Moulder said, “The Audiophile Mastered Version is more true to how the mixes sounded to us in the studio when we were working on the songs.”  According to Tom Baker, their mastering engineer, the standard master has a “loud” and edgier sound compared to the audiophile one.  Check out Nine Inch Nails online for more on them and this new album.

“Now You See Me”

Directed by Louis Leterrier, the hit movie released earlier this May is now available on DVD and Blu-Ray.  The cast features notable talents like Mark Ruffalo (The Avengers), Jesse Eisenberg (The Social Media) and Morgan Freeman (Oblivion).  The story deals with a team of magicians, led by Eisenberg’s character, J. Daniel Atlas who robbed a bank in Paris during their grand finale in Las Vegas.  The FBI then brought Dylan Rhodes (Ruffalo) to work with an Interpol agent to investigate the team known as the Four Horsemen.  The agents later enlist the help of a witness, Thaddeus Bradley (Freeman) who is a former magician.  The official website lists that the DVD will contain commentary and a featurette while the Blu-Ray pack will include a longer director’s cut with deleted scenes.