CSUSM Staff Publishes Novel

CSUSM Staff Publishes Novel

Copies can be obtained for free for two days
By Sarah Hughes

Ron Mattos, a CSUSM staff member, has recently published a novel entitled Return to Violet.

The novel is of the mystery genre, but also is said to feature moments of adventure and humor. There is a secret code to be solved and the prize is millions of dollars. The question is asked of how much the search for such an answer would factor into someone’s life. Would they put everything on hold until they find the solution, or work on it in their spare time? Character Brock Manion is a southern Californian graphic artist, with dangerous passions and a possible genetic predisposition towards chasing adrenaline.

Mattos, who has been writing for about five years, says that the reader can be expected to both relate to the novel’s plot, as well as live vicariously through the events.

“The feedback and the reviews from the readers leads me to believe that they are taken on a wild ride, and they thoroughly enjoy every hair-raising moment of it,” said Mattos in an interview.

Potential readers can catch a glimpse of the novel through the description on Amazon.

“Return To Violet illuminates the power of forgiveness and reveals how it affects the hearts and lives of those who least expect it,” it said. “The story provides readers with suspense, adventure, humor, passion—and perhaps even a bit of enlightenment.”

To obtain a copy, go to the Amazon link http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DTMDHHE and click on the button to “Buy now with 1-Click.” The price should then change from $2.99 to $0.00. You will then be prompted to sign-in, if you aren’t already. A Kindle is unnecessary to read the eBook according to Mattos if you use the free app offered by Amazon for reading eBooks on your computer. Return to Violet cover 2A word of caution, the price did not change at 12:14 midnight on Jan. 24 when tried.

We look forward to reading it soon, especially at such an affordable price. Free downloads will be available on Amazon.com, Friday Jan. 24 and Saturday Jan. 25, 2014 (PST).

View Comments (1)

• S

Sarah HughesFeb 1, 2014 at 5:26 am

Writer’s Note: Mattos was informed that the price on Amazon did not change at 12:14 midnight Jan. 24 and got back to The Cougar Chronicle quickly at 5:46 a.m. Jan. 24. We appreciate his response as well as offers to set the mistake right himself.

“Sometimes it takes . . . up to an hour to activate the free option. When I checked it at about 5 this morning, it was working because there were a few hundred free copies of the book downloaded according to the report Amazon provided.

Thanks for the feedback. It looks like everything is working like it’s supposed to now.” said Mattos.

Reply